“That was an amazing day! I am astonished by the things I got accomplished and the events that occurred. I feel like I got something done, like I am making a difference. I am not exhausted or frustrated or drained. In fact, I feel great and ready to take on tomorrow.”
I just woke up from that dream. But wouldn’t it be nice. As business owners we really can be in charge of our schedules but somehow it never feels that way. I am in charge of my schedule, I can sieze my day.
I pulled out an exercise I use to do with my clients and decided to revive it. I can’t think why I ever stopped using it. It’s called, “My Best Day.” These 10 steps will help you take control and sieze your day!
Here’s how it works. Get out a piece of paper or type this into a document.
- Write down the time you wake up.
- Write down what time you like to have breakfast.
- If you exercise in the morning write down the time you would prefer to do that.
- Write down the time you would prefer to start work.
- Write down what you would prefer to do with your morning time at work.
- Write down your preferred lunch time and length of lunch break.
- Write down what you prefer to do with your afternoon time at work.
- Write down what time you would like to leave work.
- Write down what you prefer to do in the evening.
- Write down what time you prefer to go to bed.
Here’s what my Best Day looks like.
And yes, I print it out and put it up where I can see it. Every day may not be a best day, but I can work toward having most of them be that way.
My best day includes time to sell and yours should to. To keep your funnel full you have to make time for selling daily.
If you need help finding more time for selling or managing your sales team, please call me to schedule a My Best Day coaching session 775-852-5020.