There is no doubt that confident salespeople close more deals. I had this conversation this week with one of the great sales teams I have the pleasure of working with. In fact, I often have this conversation and I had the pleasure of discussing this with a savvy group of sales leaders on #CallCamp.
Jane Gentry, Shawn Karol Sandy, Lauren Bailey, Regina Manfredi, Carole Mahoney and I listened to sales calls and provided tips to improve those calls to close more deals. For me, the most important idea that came from this engaging conversation is that callers must have confidence.
In case you didn’t get to hear the webinar, below are a few tips and you can listen to the whole thing here.
A Few Tips for Making Sales Calls
- Confidence: You will get better results if you have confidence on each call.
- Preparation is Key: Research, plan, practice.
- Practice: If you practice you will have more confidence. Practice with a teammate or practice by recording your calls and listening to hear where you can improve.
- Reason for Calling: When the call starts, establish your reason for calling immediately. State what’s in it for them.
- Listen: Get the prospect talking by asking an open-ended question. Then listen and respond with insight to the prospect’s answer.
- Control the Conversation: Control the conversation by asking questions, listening and responding appropriately. Not by pitching or doing all the talking. Let the prospect talk at least 60% of the time and 70% would be better.
- Find a Mentor: Find someone who is willing to coach you and help you grow. Ask for what you need.
If you’d like to hear the webinar please click here and enjoy! Let me know what other tips you got from listening by commenting below.
Latest posts by Alice Heiman (see all)
- A Gift to You: Our Best Blogs and Podcasts of 2018 - December 12, 2018
- 2 Ways to Win at LinkedIn - December 5, 2018
- Here Are the Best Books to Read Over the Holidays - November 14, 2018