We Need More Sales Now!
For every entrepreneur, CEO, and sales leader I know, things happen too slowly. Nothing seems to happen fast enough when it comes to sales.
So how do we speed sales up?
For starters, we can change our mindset and our expectations.
Check your mindset. Is it holding your team back? Do you have a negative mindset about sales? About your sales leadership? About your sales team? If you do, it’s time to change it. Now, before the new year starts. Call me if you need an emergency mindset shift around sales.
Next, check your expectations. I find company leaders and investors often have unrealistic expectations around sales given the resources provided. It’s important with sales to clearly understand your sales cycle and the time and resources it takes from prospect to close.
Be realistic about how long it will take things to close and understand how many qualified leads it takes to keep your sales funnel full. It costs money to generate leads. Take a look at your budget, you may need to change it or reset your expectations based on it.
Along with that, the fastest way to speed up sales is trust. As Stephen M.R. Covey says, “When there is trust, things happen quickly.” Right. We all know that. The question is, what are we doing to build trust with each prospect so we can speed up the sales process. Do you want a customer for now or a customer for life? There is no doubt that you can close some deals as a transaction. Does that get you where you need to be in the end?
Sometimes there is so much pressure to sell, we barely give the person a chance to buy. They are not going to buy unless they; know you, like you, and trust you. How can they trust you if you haven’t spent the time to get to know them and like them so they can reciprocate?
Building trust takes time. It’s part of the sales process, you may think spending the time lengthens your sales cycle, but in fact it is the exact opposite.
“The speed of trust is fast.”
If you’d like to speed up your sales process, and close more deals, here are a few more ideas that will change the way you sell.
- Turn Your Lists into Leads – Read this article and do a few of the actions.
- Get Introductions – Find introductions to the people you need to meet!
- Network – Get out and network.
- Get Social – Use Social Media throughout the entire sales process.
- Special Offer – Is there something special you can offer to boost sales at the beginning of the year?
- Use Video – Check out BombBomb and tell them I sent you.
- DON’T GIVE UP – This is a great time to reach people. Don’t be fooled by everyone who says you may as well give up till after the first of the year. Many offices are quieter and your email, phone call, video, or voicemail will get through. I’ve closed 3 deals this month. People do work in December.
Ask me how to make 2020 your best year ever, use this link to schedule.
Alice is nationally known for her expertise in elevating sales to increase valuation for companies with a B2B complex sale that have exceptional growth potential. She’s originally, from the widely known Miller Heiman Group. Spending her time strategizing with CEOs and their leadership teams to build the strategies that find new business and grow existing accounts is her passion. Her clients love her spirit and the way she energizes their sales organization.