If you want to make the most of networking events you need to plan ahead.
Ask yourself these questions:
1. Why are you attending the event?
2. What kind of audience is this event targeting?
3. Who will be attending this event?
4. What would you like to come away with?
5. How many new people do you want to meet?
Don’t leave without meeting your objective.
Have plenty of business cards at the ready, and a pen to write notes on the cards you receive.
Finally, plan your follow up:
Schedule time on your calendar the day after the event to complete your follow up tasks.
If you have tricks that work for you, I’d love to hear them! Looking forward to your comments!