While we’re taking this time to adjust to the world around us, we must keep our schedules as regular as possible and continue to fit in learning each week. A great and cost-effective way to keep your sales team learning is to have them read the latest sales books. It’s a great way for them to sharpen their skills and continue to grow!
But, which books should they read? Finding great sales books can be overwhelming. When you type “sales books” into Amazon, there are over 100,000 results.
I’m here to help. Below I’ve listed some books for leaders and some books for salespeople. I know these authors personally and they deliver value.
If you want to make sure you and your team read the books, I recommend starting a book club! It’s great learning for a small price. Everyone reads and then in groups they discuss what they learned over a lunch or cocktail time video meeting. Don’t forget to have them determine how they will implement what they learn and find an accountability partner to hold them to it!
1. Emotional Intelligence For Sales Leadership – The Secret to Building High-Performance Sales Teams
It’s time for a new perspective in sales leadership. Research from CSO Insights shows that only slightly more than half of sales representatives (53%) are meeting or exceeding their quotas. This is despite salespeople and managers having access to more sales technology tools, information, and education than ever.
- The missing link is in hiring for and developing emotional intelligence skills. Emotional Intelligence for Sales Leadership does a great job of:
- Giving sales leaders a useable framework to improve their empathy and emotion management in coaching conversations with their sales team.
- It offers practical steps on how sales leaders can immediately improve their sales team’s emotional intelligence skills.
- Provides guidance on how to hire emotionally intelligent salespeople.
- Walks readers through the neuroscience and psychology of training sellers on the soft and hard skills of successful selling.
Hashtags: #SalesLeadership #EmotionalIntelligenceForSalesLeadership
By Mark Hunter
Everybody knows the world of sales can be tough, and it’s easy to get discouraged when the rejections start piling up, and your customers stop picking up the phone. The wrong thought patterns can start to set in, and pretty soon you aren’t making your quota and are looking through job listings on your lunch break, waiting for the axe to fall. A Mind for Sales is the guide they need to develop a success mindset and the habits required to break through to a whole new level of sales performance.
By Jeff Shore
If you’re sick of prospects who’ve gone dark, frustrated by buyers who ‘want to think about it’, and think you’re bothering people when you follow up, this is the book for you. If you want to be successful in sales, you need to fall in love with follow-up. Follow Up and Close the Sale will show you how to personalize your follow-up, better serve customers, and seal the deal faster – and more easily. Shore spells it out so you’ll learn exactly what to do and, more importantly, how to develop a winning mindset that’s motivated by doing the right thing: for yourself, for your company, and mostly for your customer.
If you want more guidance on how to sell during turbulent times, let’s chat! Schedule an appointment with me here.